Thursday, July 16, 2015

My New "Pet"

Hi I'm going to tell you about my new pet, I'll give you some hints so you can guess what it is.

Here are the clues:
They eat flies and also dried worms, some are purple and some are green and there are a lot of them in a plastic jar.

Can you guess what it is?

It's a Venus FlyTrap! That's right. So far I have fed it flies and dried worms from the pet store and when I fed the baby trap it snapped shut immediately. Did you know that when something goes into their center they seal their mouths close? If you are as curious as me to know if you put your finger in if it would hurt you, well the answer is....  no, believe me I've tried. They are pretty cool to watch especially when it catches a fly, they are slow eaters. If for some reason they can't snap anymore it's okay, because they still provide their own food through photosynthesis. I water them twice a week on Mondays and Thursdays. I took a picture of my new carnivorous plant and my mom will put it below.



Can you count how many there are? Leave your answers in a comment below.

That's all for now. Bye!

9 comments:

Kia said...

That's so awesome Jalen! I've never known anyone with a real Venus Flu Trap before! I am going to guess there are 8 traps in that pot. Am I right?

Vonna Bell said...

Wow Jalen. Are there 9 traps?

Grandpa said...

Hey papa,
I think there's about 7 of them and they look vicious ready to eat up all the flies.

Aunt Lynn said...

Thanks for sharing nephew, I learned something new!

Unknown said...

Whaaaattttt?!!!!!!! I'm so jealous of you! That is an awesome pet!! I've never seen one of those in real life, only on TV! I'm curious about the whole eating flies part, does it leave anything behind?? In any case it's sounds very exciting to see! Have fun with your new friend and thanks for sharing! BTW I'm guessing there are a total of 8 Venus fly traps?!

Jalen said...

You can buy them at wal-mart and there is 10 you were only 2 off come and see me on my next blog.

Jalen said...

There are 10 but you have good eyes because you were the closest.

Jalen said...

Hi grandpa, thank you for coming to my blog, there are 10 good try.

Jalen said...

Thank you for coming on my blog I hope you learn something on the next blog.